Global workforces are changing. Oil and Gas employers in particular are increasingly recognising that the best performing engineering teams are made up of both permanent employees and contingent workers. Having a blend of traditional employees and a more flexible workforce can bring about countless opportunities for growth and business development. But this style of workforce management is best executed by a single talent strategy. This is where managed solutions come in.
A managed solutions supplier acts as your strategic business partner to both plan a recruitment strategy and then implement it. They assume overall responsibility for your workforce, operating under your brand when needed, to source and screen candidates and take care of all administration to ensure compliance within the supply chain, creating an adaptable workforce that evolves with changing market conditions; an inherent need for industries such as oil and gas.
What are Managed Solutions?
Managed solutions are made up of a blend of: Managed Solutions Provision for contingent workforces (MSP), Recruitment Process Outsourcing for permanent recruitment (RPO), and Global Mobility programmes that are underpinned by consultancy. There is no “one size fits all” and each solution is different depending on the needs of the client, in order to deliver maximum value.
MSP – managing non-permanent workforces
Contractor numbers are rising and have grown by over in a third in the last 10 years, meaning that MSP solutions are becoming increasingly more important. MSP is all about taking care of your non-permanent workforce needs and this can be especially helpful when market conditions change unexpectedly, when you need help across multiple phases of a project or when challenges such as visas for expatriate contractors, taxation and insurance cover arises.
RPO – strategic permanent hires
Although recruitment trends are favouring blends of contingent and permanent employees, having a solid permanent workforce is still vitally important for the success of an energy business. RPO is focussed on exactly that and can enhance your internal HR department through the implementation of an integrated on-site recruitment model. It enables strategic permanent hires to be placed in order to meet business needs, keeping your operations ahead of your competitors and sustaining growth. RPO is a scalable in-house solution that can enable you to be more agile and prepare for peak activity.
Global Mobility – navigating complex legal landscapes
The world is only getting smaller – it is estimated that there are approximately 60 million expatriates around the globe. Clients are finding that a mobile workforce is becoming increasingly more imperative in the modern world. One of the main reasons for this is skill shortages, if your workforce is mobile, you can hire the best talent for the role regardless of their location. But this can bring about complex challenges if you haven’t managed a mobile workforce before.
Global Mobility programmes ensure complex legal landscapes are navigated correctly. When it comes to mobilising a workforce, each case is different and should be treated with the individuality it needs. Global Mobility, in essence, gets your mobile workforce where they need to be in a compassionate and efficient way ensuring adherence to tax implications and making sure your operations in any desired location are hosted compliantly.
How do Oil & Gas Operators benefit from Managed Solutions?
When you engage with a Managed Solutions supplier, your business will gain several benefits; these include but are not limited to:
- Streamlined costs - a strategic approach means there are no financial surprises. Third party spend is reduced by ensuring the supply chain is “fit for purpose” and invoices are consolidated and easy to manage.
- Improved compliance – when you deal with one supplier, you face fewer risks. As the supply chain grows visibility reduces making it more difficult to ensure 100% compliance. Managed Solutions strives for compliance whether you are mobilising a candidate into new territories or hiring 3,000 non-permanent workers for a project.
- Transparency – increased visibility means you will have more control over your workforce strategy and associated costs.
- Flexibility – when you engage with experts, recruitment and global mobility strategies can be scalable and adapt to market conditions.
- Time to hire reduced – experts will have a large database of available candidates that will reduce your time to hire meaning you can focus on your business goals.
When to consider Managed Solutions for your business
Deciding on the right recruitment solution for you can be challenging. But, if you face any of the following issues, it might be time to consider Managed Solutions:
- Do you hire large volumes of non-permanent workers, sometimes across multiple locations where your business does not have a local office to host them from?
- Do you currently deal with several recruitment companies under different agreements and want to simplify this and reduce costs?
- Is your organisation growing too quickly for your infrastructure to support the number of hires you need?
- Are you facing significant external factors such as changes to employment legislation and need an expert in order to navigate this correctly?
NES and Managed Solutions – we will help you with your staffing challenges
At NES Advantage Solutions, we are experienced in offering individually tailored Managed Solutions and can manage your entire workforce solution under a single operation, ensuring smooth and compliant processes. Whether you need help across multiple phases of a project or on an ongoing basis, we will deliver the optimal solution for your staffing challenges.
Our managed solutions offerings are…
- 100% compliant – Our award-winning compliance team ensures all contractors are engaged compliantly when it comes to difficult areas such as visas, taxation and insurance cover.
- Industry-focused – Our discipline-specific recruiters operate across several sectors and are experienced in recruitment across Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Power, Renewables, Life Sciences and Mining. Learn more about our sectors.
- Committed to cost-effective and quick start implementations.
- A partnership – we align with your brand and can operate entirely in-house with your internal teams
- Seamless – we work as an extended arm of your team
- A great experience – for your employees undergoing a daunting relocation, your potential employees going through the hiring process and for your business with regular reports on progress.
If you’d like to see how our Managed Solutions can enhance your business operations, get in touch with one of our experts.