The 3rd of February marks the start of National Green week in America and this year there’s a lot to celebrate.
The last decade has been extremely pivotal for the renewable energy market and as we enter 2020 it continues to create stable and high-wage jobs for a wide range of candidates with varying skills and experience. Currently, over 3.3 million Americans are employed in the renewable energy sector and this number is only rising as many States set higher efficiency standards and clean energy goals, making the future outlook for the renewables market an exciting one.
NES Global Talent Power Director, Dustin House, said:
National Green week is the perfect time to reflect on the current outlook of the Renewable Energy market, and I’m pleased to say we’re in a very positive position in this growing market. NES Global Talent currently supports a number of key projects across Renewables, and our discipline-specific consultants are supporting our client’s staffing requirements across wind, solar, biomass and hydroelectric opportunities. Renewable Energy will only continue to make up a larger and larger part of the worlds’ energy portfolio, creating thousands of job opportunities for Americans. NES is looking forward to continuing our efforts to support both clients with their workforce needs and candidates in advancing their careers.’
Key Renewable Energy Projects in America
NES Global Talent is currently supporting key projects across America, from solar plants and wind farms to hydropower facilities, meaning we have plenty of job opportunities for engineers looking to enhance their energy careers. Projects include:
- The Rocky Mountain Hydroelectric Plant: Hydropower is one of the world’s leading sources for power generation. This project is located in Georgia at the top of Rock Mountain and was commissioned in 1995. The scope of work is centered on generator maintenance.
- New-build Solar Farms: More Solar Power was installed globally than any other power generating technology in the last decade and America is no exception. We’re currently providing Civil Engineers for the design & planning stages of major solar projects across the US.
- Vineyard Offshore Wind Farm: Wind Power is constantly evolving, creating exciting careers for skilled technicians. This up and coming project is set to be the United States’ largest offshore wind development yet. It will open up a variety of Engineering and Project Leadership positions for skilled engineers.
- Franklin Park Wind Farm: This is another cutting-edge wind project and is located in Texas. The scope of work includes Wind Technicians for oil change-outs on multiple wind turbines.
- Ohio Falls Power Plant: Is a Hydroelectric Power Station in Kentucky dating back to the mid 1920’s. The scope of work is centered on generator maintenance.
If you’re looking to contribute your skills to any of these exciting projects, check our Renewable Energy Job Vacancies and get in touch to learn more about enhancing your career with NES.
NES Global Talent and Staffing Renewable Energy Projects
At NES we’re excited to see such a sustained and unprecedented growth in renewable schemes supporting the energy industry. If you’re looking for staffing solutions for your next renewables project, our discipline-specific consultants can support you across all stages of your renewable project life cycle, supplying skilled personnel from the funding, design project management, installation & commissioning phase’s right through to plant operations & maintenance and grid installations.>