Banner Default Image

Insurance types

Insurance types

Employers’ and Public Liability Insurance

In certain circumstances, contractors working through Limited Companies are required by law to carry Employers’ Liability Insurances depending on their individual circumstances. However, to ensure you are able to fulfil your substitution clause of your contract, NES Global Talent requires you to maintain an appropriate Employers’ Liability Insurance Policy. For further details view the Insurance Glossary.

Whilst Public Liability Insurance is not a statutory requirement, NES Global Talent requires you to maintain an appropriate policy to cover you for your legal liability for accidents to persons you may interact with at the client’s workplace or members of the public as a result of your business activities. It also covers for damage to property. For further details view the Insurance Glossary.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance protects your business against its legal liability for losses suffered by clients as a result of any negligent advice you give or mistakes made in your work. As a freelance contractor providing services in a professional capacity, the majority of NES Global Talent clients require contractors to maintain Professional Indemnity Insurance of at least £1 million for each and every claim. It is therefore a condition of your contract with NES Global Talent to hold a Professional Indemnity Insurance policy, preferable with ‘Run Off Cover’. The NES Global Talent commercial department is able to provide you with specific advice in regard to the need for Professional Indemnity Insurance. For further details view the Insurance Glossary.

We can help you!

If you need Employers Liability, Public Liability and/or Professional Indemnity, NES Global Talent is able to introduce you to the Professional Liability Plan (PLP).

Professional Liability Plan

NES Global Talent recognises that arranging and maintaining liability insurances is a hassle for most of us. We have worked with a FCA authorised insurance broker for several years to develop a ‘PAY AS YOU GO/WORK’ policy which is both comprehensive in its coverage as well as competitive – with premiums starting from as little as £7.35 per week worked (new prices valid from 1st December 2016).

The Professional Liability Plan (PLP) covers the three insurance policies you are required to maintain as part of your contract with NES Global Talent – namely Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity. The policy also includes ‘Run Off Cover’. By joining the PLP, we are able to provide clients with the necessary evidence that you meet their insurance requirements, without the need to bother you.

The PLP is exclusive to NES Global Talent contractors and you only pay for each week you are on assignment through NES Global Talent. This avoids the need to make a lump sum one-off payment for an annual policy and cancellation fees. 

Offshore Insurance

The PLP can also provide you with a Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policy to cover offshore activities.

So how do I join the PLP?

The process of applying for the PLP is simple and involves only the completion of a single Declaration Form. The signed form should be returned to the NES Global Talent Insurance Administrator by email or by fax 0161 942 4094. On acceptance of the provision of cover, you will receive an Insurance Certificate direct from the broker.

The NES Global Talent contractors payment department will then deduct the relevant premiums from the payments we make to you and show these on the invoices we raise on your behalf.

Download the joining details and a declaration form.

Who provides the PLP?

Disclaimer: NES Global Talent does not warrant or represent and is not responsible for the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of the insurance advice provided by any insurance service provider. NES Global Talent does not accept any liability for the advice or acts or omission of any insurance service provider.

The PLP is underwritten by RSA, administered by Caunce O'Hara and arranged by Addison Haynes Limited, all of whom are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

You can contact Addison Haynes by email on or by calling them on 01477 535404. They will be pleased to help you with any technical details of the PLP, insurance requirements for your assignment with NES Global Talent and assistance with completing the declaration form.

What if I already have my own insurance policy?

It is recognised that some contractors maintain their own insurance policies. In order that we can verify that this insurance covers the requirements of the client, you are required to complete the Evidence of Insurance Form with your Insurance Broker. Please complete this form as soon as possible and return to the NES Global Talent Insurance Administrator. If you have only Public and/or Employers Liability, then you need only complete Part One of the Evidence of Insurance Form, return this to NES Global Talent, and then purchase only Option 3 of the PLP using the declaration form.

Banner Default