Job DescriptionBids & Tenders Manager
NES Global Talent is seeking an experienced Bids and Tender Manager to manage all strategic bids for the Americas Region. This role will cover all aspects of bids, tender and proposal creation and will work closely with Business Development and Operational teams to secure new client opportunities for the business. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and working within an established team, the successful candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to deliver against tight timescales in a fast paced environment.
This role involves working across the business to support Sales and Bids activity to ensure operational excellence and an optimised lead generation process.
- Convert current business strategy into high level content for North American bids and sales opportunities (focusing on new diversified sectors). Develop regional specific material to give NES a competitive advantage in sales situations.
- Provide internal stakeholders with a thorough overview of the bid by undertaking an effective evaluation of the bid opportunity and/or tender documents.
- Agree the NES Global Talent proposition for each individual bit/tender, ensuring innovation and a unique positioning where feasible.
- Lead bid opportunities through companies’ internal bids and tender software from kick off/qualification meetings to submission.
- Use effective project management skills to ensure that all information is received on time and is accurate in relation to the question asked in the document.
- Write powerful content that reinforces NES GT value proposition and offerings and services available to the client.
- Collate information from and communicate effectively with wide range of stakeholders, including operational staff and senior directors through a tendering process.
- Ensure timely delivery of bids across all sectors whilst following the bid process and managing the logistics at all stages of the process.
- Continually review and update the bid content library to ensure accurate material is being used and is tagged appropriately in the library.
- Manage the delivery of all North American bids on behalf of the global business.
- Drive a North Americas bid library capturing local content, corporate, organisational, process and capability information to improve bid/ win ratio.
- Provide Global Bids support as and when required.
- Using smart data (from NES GT Database, major projects, sector/industry news channels) to add credibility to bid responses and informing marketing/sales initiatives.
- Strong overall ability to have impact across a range of functions and disciplines
- Ability to engage directly with senior level executives (e.g. VP, MD, CEO, COO etc.)
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels of the business (Support, Recruitment, Acc Management, Finance etc)
- Strong verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Outstanding conceptual, financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to summarise and structure complex ideas
- Considerable experience in North American staffing industry preferred. Experience in sector(s) Oil, Gas, Chemicals, Power and Life Sciences advantageous.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification preferred but 7+ years’ experience in a similar role considered.
- In depth understanding of Client Relationship Management platform (Salesforce etc.