Reports to: Commercial and Legal Director
Ensuring that all regional Client & Contractor Contracts are formed and serviced on a sound commercial and legal basis in accordance with NES Global Talent’s internal procedures and commercial risk principles.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels of seniority, building a reputation as a reliable source of commercial and legal support.
- Assess risk across the areas of the business relating to the Region and make informed decisions within the permitted risk parameters.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with external clients.
- Advise on contract interpretation and commercial risk to internal clients.
- Managing litigation to achieve best result for NES in a cost effective manner.
- Research and advise on labor/employment law across all jurisdictions in the Region and produce comprehensive Country Engagement Guides.
- Produce Template Client Contracts for each jurisdiction in the Region.
- Produce Template Contract Offer Letter for each jurisdiction in the Region
- Liaise with insurance brokers to understand current policies in respect of client requirements, manage claims and support Commercial and Legal Director (CLD) in renewal process.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Compliance Officer in the creation of Client Specific Requirement forms (CSRs) and tailoring of Template Contract Offer Letter for each individual client.
- Work collaboratively with Risk Manager to provide health & safety oversight, reporting internally, to clients and authorities.
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and ensuring the delivery of projects to timescales.
- Able to present arguments in a coherent, logical and authoritative manner such that the stakeholder feels confident in accepting the advice or recommendation even when it goes against their preferred outcome, to enable the business to make a balanced informed decision.
- Combines commercial & legal expertise with professional integrity to bring value to the organization, stakeholders and peers.
- Takes account of values, corporate governance and commercial risks in decision making and is able to influence and deliver the required objective commercial advice without manipulation.
- Maintains a continuous learning approach, showing interest and curiosity in new ideas and opportunities.
- Driven to understand how people across the business in different contexts react or behave differently in a range of circumstances.
- Able to evaluate information from multiple sources, applying intuition and judgement to weigh their value and relevance to the decision at hand.
- Makes effective decisions in the absence of complete information, but with a strong understanding of organizational priorities.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Conversant with database systems (e.g. SharePoint or similar)
- Experience administering contractual documentation within a demanding environment.
- Newly qualified solicitor with PQE 0-2 years
- Degree required from an accredited law school; or more than 10 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.