Job DescriptionManaging Consultant - Contract Life Science
Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment? Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility?
In your new role as a Managing Consultant working with us, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We're looking for a confident, talented, seasoned leader to own our contract, white collar engineering team who form part of our life sciences division. We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a company where you can reach your true potential.
About the role
Life Sciences isn't just white coats and chemistry. You can't manufacture a drug, vaccine or medical device without the premises and plant/equipment to do it, in essence - Engineering. Our contract team focus on providing Project Engineers/Project Managers, Validation, Commissioning & Qualification, Process and Quality professionals amongst other roles, who are heavily involved in the manufacturing facilities themselves rather than the products that are created within them.
This is very much white collar recruitment where rates generally start from £45.00 per hour and contract lengths on average 6-12 months. It’s certainly not high churn low margin, in fact very much the opposite.
From full scale, full lifecycle projects to plant/production expansions driven by capital investment, projects values can range from £10k to £200m+. Our footprint is very much within the UK, however through various clients we are also supplying into Ireland and parts of Europe such as Germany and Sweden.
Our client portfolio ranges from the large multi-national corporations to the SME’s, Start-up businesses and engineering contractors.
- As a Managing Consultant (MC) you will be responsible for supervising and leading the team to deliver the KPIs and desk plans set from the budgeting process and reforecasting.
- The MC provides support, guidance and expertise to the team across all of the required business development and recruitment activities, overseeing the performance, compliance and effectiveness of each member of the team
- Have the ability to use available reports and discuss each Consultant’s performance against targets on a monthly basis.
- Coaches each member of the team and directs the team’s activities to achieve the KPIs and in discussion with the Ops Manager addresses any performance challenges.
- Using their experience and knowledge, have the ability to tailor the interventions and management approach in accordance with the seniority and competency of the consultants the MC is responsible for.
- Training and development expectations are discussed and agreed and process and compliance requirements monitored within the team.
Car allowance, 22 Days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service) and the option to purchase 5 additional days. Early finish Friday. Market leading bonus with no threshold. Potential Global Mobility Extensive support functions Career advancement training
The successor will have experience working as a consultant with management experience and recognised expertise and seasoned knowledge in own discipline and sector. You will have previously been a high performing Consultant with a strong desire for individual and team excellence.
Enjoying a client and candidate interfacing role, you will possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. You will be confident in negotiations, process driven and keen to smash targets.
If you have Life Science/Engineering experience we would be keen to speak with you.
A scientific/engineering degree would be beneficial but not essential.
NES Global Talent is an award winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, and Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 700 staff.
It’s people that deliver projects and with over 48 offices in 28 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, we have access to the best talent wherever it may be in the world. NES Global Talent can offer a full range of staffing solutions: Contract, Permanent (Direct) Hire, Managed Solutions, or a fully outsourced service. These services are complemented by an industry leading support service and mobility package to ensure clients keep hold of the top talent in a compliant manner for as long as they need it.