Market Research Analyst
This role will work with Bids and Sales to create effective market segmentation and focus on defining existing and new target customers within that market. This person will create a target list of customers for the Sales and Operational teams that is prioritized based on activity and metrics, and will allow for quick results and return.
The objective of the position is to provide market research and mapping, to enable the business to target prospecting actively more effectively and deliver new client wins.
Include but not limited to:
- Map Sales opportunities through business intelligence platforms such as IIR, EIC, Platts and MEED – (online project and activity tracking databases)
- Use project data to forecast, conduct trend analysis and produce strategic reports in this challenging market
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and the market place and consolidate the information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Build consistent and global worksheets that will allow for market intelligence to be inserted quickly, allowing the organization to prioritize current and future markets to approach
- Design surveys to discover prospects
- Work with NES internal finance, commercial, sales and technology departments to draw on internal information on spend trends, contracts etc to assist prioritization of clients and opportunities
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods
- Identify new market intelligence tools that will improve NES’ access to information in our chosen markets
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate.
- Presenting remotely through mediums such as link and webex. Projecting data and results with the use of excel and power point.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven market research analysis experience
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and segment in a multi-task environment
- Strong proven experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically with Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a group
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Strong knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field