Commercial & Legal Officer – UK & Northern Europe
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent is an award-winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power and Renewables, Life Sciences, Chemical and Mining sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of consultants.
The main purpose of this role is to provide regional and corporate legal advice and support whilst ensuing that all regional client & Contractor contracts are formed and serviced on a sound commercial and legal basis.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Provide professional advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels of seniority, building a reputation as a reliable source of commercial and legal support.
- Assess risk across the areas of the business relating to the Region and make informed decisions within the permitted risk parameters.
- Maintain integrity of commercial risk mitigation and ensure internal compliance with NES’s Schedule of Management Authority (SOMA).
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with external clients.
- Advise on contract interpretation and commercial risk to internal clients.
- Defend NES’s positioning with respect to disputes, breaches under the client contract (debt, travel and expense cost reimbursement, termination and notice periods), or contractor terminations and any claims raised by contractors relating to such terminations or other aspects of their assignment.
- Managing litigation to achieve best result for NES in a cost effective manner.
- Research and advise on labour/employment law across all jurisdictions in the Region and produce comprehensive Country Engagement Guides.
- Produce Template Client Contracts for each jurisdiction in the Region.
- Produce Template Contract Offer Letter for each jurisdiction in the Region
- Liaise with insurance brokers to understand current policies in respect of client requirements manage claims and support Commercial and Legal Director (CLD) in renewal process.
- Undertake legal reviews and manage activities associated with establishing and maintaining registered entities and licenses.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent knowledge of contract law
- Knowledge of employment law, ideally IR35.
- Experience with delivery of projects to timescales.
- Displays professional integrity.
- Future focused, inquisitive and open minded.
- Experience of working in-house.
- Qualified legal professional with PQE minimum 0-2 years.
- Ability to assess commercial liability and risk and make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of stake holders, both verbally and in writing.