Job DescriptionGlobal provider of subsea production control systems expertise to the Oil & Gas industry, has exciting opportunities for PLC/ SCADA Engineers to join the team at their international technology hub team in Reading.
The Reading technology hub is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers support the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects.
We are looking for PLC/ SCADA Engineers who strengthen our team and focus on delivering the software for Subsea Production System from concept through to commissioning. We need engineers with a passion for technology, who are driven to deliver the best possible control systems to our customers.
Other key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Managing the development, implementation, test, and maintenance of software development work
- Design and configuration of Master Control Stations (MCS) which act as the hub for all communication and control for the subsea production system
- Ensuring allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescale
- Identifying and implementing technical solutions to suit the company’s needs
- Creating Intellectual Property (IP) through idea and product submissions and patent applications
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications and attributes;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree level education in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Candidates with an appropriate level of work experience will also be considered)
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to implement a control system design
- Experienced in the design and development of complex PLC programs using ladder logic and structured text; and of Human Machine Interfaces for industrial process control
- Experienced in design and fault finding techniques associated with serial communications system; and IP based communications system
It would be desirable for Software engineers to have experience and knowledge of any of the following;
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning
- Experience using;
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix systems
- ICONICS Genesis 32 or 64
- Trihedral VTScada
- Knowledge of OPC DA, AE, HDA, and UA within a control system, and Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP
- Familiarity using / administration of Linux based Servers
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches
- Experience applying cyber security measures to industrial control systems
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.