Job DescriptionGlobal provider of subsea production control systems expertise to the Oil & Gas industry, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Planner, based in Reading.
Our client is developing its regional footprint for project execution through creation of a project management and control pool at their Reading office, Products South. This role is key in establishing and ensuring projects are run according to the Global Governance, standard project control tools (PV, SRA, ARM, CCS etc.), PEM and in alignment with agreed contract conditions, taking lean principles, best practice and lessons learnt.
We are looking for an experienced Project Planner who can strengthen our team by assisting the Project Management Team in delivering Customer Requirements in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost with a high focus on critical path and Schedule Risk Analysis. We require an effective communicator who can analyse and simplify complex data, build sustainable cross functional relationships and encourages team working and objective alignment.
Key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Undertake the planning and resource loading for the assigned work scope(s), giving proactive, effective advice on the feasibility of plans, the impact of any changes and any required mitigating actions
- Assessing risk to delivery of schedules, recommending risk reducing actions where required in order to gain better confidence of OTD
- Preparation of work breakdown structures to enable the associated resource and cost budgets
- Organisation of project reporting procedures and project control liaison with clients
- Provide planning control support to the marketing department on proposals
- Ensure that the planning information within SAP is aligned with the Primavera plan
- Support the schedule change control requirements within the project/area team, analysing the change for its potential impact and advising on the correct course of mitigating action
- Interact with other work pack planning staff in order to maintain the logic between deliverables in major projects.
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications and attributes;
- NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge in computer planning software
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant industry (subsea, oil & gas, refinery or construction preferred)
- Proven ability of reviewing and identifying of risk in plan, and monitoring different risk factors
- Proven ability in very detailed planning executed in a short time period
- In depth knowledge of SAP and PV and schedule risk analysis tools and processes, eg PERT Master
- Ability to focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement
- Must have the drive and enthusiasm to work to tight deadlines and be able to bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active and helpful approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives
- Work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with others
- Be accommodating and receptive to change
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.