8 month contract upto the end of 2018.
This is a site based position on a large petrochemical facility working as part of the client team. The role is to support the implementation of a new maintenance contract and the site three operational business teams, ensuring that the smooth transition to the new arrangements and the achievement of challenging performance and cost objectives during this period.
The client is looking for a Cost Controller with a technical/trades background as the successful candidate will be required to undertake review of works across the site.
The responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Validating cost estimates including the application of measured schedules of rates, prepared by the contractor during the planning phase.
- Carrying out field validation checks of the measurement of work and monitoring of assignment of labour resources across a range of disciplines including mechanical, piping, rotating equipment, electrical and instrumentation.
- Interrogating the computerised maintenance management system (SAP) to extract information on the planning, costing and progression of works.
- Identifying areas of non-compliance in the maintenance workflow and providing the required feedback and coaching to both client and contractor employees involved in the workflow.
- Collating and validating data used in contract key performance indicators.
- Contributing to regular Implementation Team progress reviews.
Skills and personal qualities should include:
- Technical background with familiarity of trade activities in a high hazard, heavy industry environment.
- IT literate with experience in SAP or similar systems and skills required to interrogate work orders and extract data for further analysis.
- Practical cost awareness with working understanding of contracts.
- Communication and interpersonal skills required to influence and coach at all levels on both the client and contractor sides, whilst maintaining a collaborative approach to solving issues.