Leading the technical delivery of the full control system software package, this key role requires someone with a strong background in control system design, the ability to establish requirements with internal and external stakeholders and steer a team of software engineers to execute a project on time and with a quality outcome.
The Reading technology hub is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers support the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects. We also provide global support to our manufacturing facilities and provision of diagnostic and fault analysis for the controls product portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior manager for Controls software, key responsibilities will include;
- Leading a project team of software engineers ensuring adherence to process, quality and on time delivery
- Overall responsibility for the technical solution
- Communication at all levels of the company
- Serving as the main point of contact to the customer for control system software
- Acting as technical interface towards 3rd Party supervisory control system suppliers
- Effectively managing requirements and change
- Reviewing and approving all technical deliveries relating to control system software
Suitable candidates will need;
- Bachelor's Degree in a software or engineering based discipline
- Extensive experience delivering control system software
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Proven team leadership skills
- Experience of designing the end to end architecture of complex control systems
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
- Knowledge of a variety of PLC and SCADA platforms
- Human Machine Interface design for industrial process control
It is essential for Software engineers to have experience and knowledge of the following;
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches
- Familiarity with IEC 61511/62443, NIST directives, HSE OG-0086 and Oil & Gas companies’ requirements for cyber security
- Knowledge of, and experience applying cyber security defence measures to industrial control systems
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC programming
- Understanding of Industrial protocols such as OPC and Modbus
- Proven requirement management skills
- Technical project management experience
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.