Our UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers supports the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects. We also provide global support to our manufacturing facilities and provision of diagnostic and fault analysis for the controls product portfolio.
Currently we have exciting opportunities for 3x Principal Software Engineers to join a growing team responsible for control system software. The role provides technical authority of PLC based topside control system product and their use in project execution, key responsibilities include;
- Act as the technical authority for control system software products and project execution
- Propose and lead the implementation of modifications to the topside controls systems product
- Review and approve system architectures (hardware and software) for topside control system
- Review and approve all technical deliveries related to control system software
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a software or engineering based discipline
- Proven team leadership and technical project management experience.
- Extensive experience of delivering control system software.
- Experienced in designing the end to end architecture of complex control systems, with prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Extensive Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC programming experience, with knowledge of a variety of SCADA platforms, and Human Machine Interface design for industrial process control
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning.
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development, and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
Ideally candidates will also possess some of the following;
- Understanding of Industrial protocols including OPC and Modbus TCP
- Prior experience with Iconics Genesis64
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches.
- Experience applying cyber security measures to industrial control systems.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.