NES are working with a global engineering management company who are looking to engage with an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to work Oil and Gas projects through all phases of the Functional Safety Life Cycle. Working under the direction of the C&I Project lead at the project level ownership the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective, timely delivery of quality discipline deliverables.
Training and Experience:
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Three to five years of experience in preparing SIL calculations and SRS
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Functional Safety Lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, designers and other design team members
- Degree qualified
- Understanding and application of IEC 61508 / 61511
- Flexibility to travel for client meetings, vendor meetings and acceptance testing
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using ExSILentia
- Experienced working with multinational clients
- Previous experience working with multi-centre execution
- Experience of site installation/commissioning of safety instrumented systems