ESSENTIAL:- Java. Frontend development (e.g. Angular, ReactJS or similar). Message Queuing systems and/or Streams, preferably Kafka. Build automation using tools such as Jenkins. Automated testing. Databases, SQL and No-SQL document stores, preferably Mongo. Java Frameworks, and particularly, Spring Boot. Excellent problem solving abilities and fault analysis. You will have a proven capability to work independently whilst managing and prioritising your own workload as well as an ability to adapt and support the wider team as required. UNIX. Basic Linux knowledge. Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Excellent incident and problem management skills
Full Stack Developer Overall Purpose of the Role
As an experienced Full Stack Developer you will be involved in the development, support, maintenance and continual improvement of my client’s core systems.
This full stack role covers everything from the development of backend services to modern front-end websites, as well as automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployments.
You will be expected to work closely with other teams within IT and across the business.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Technical (Generally the day to day duties related to the function of the role)
- Delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems, from design through to implementation, and post implementation support
- Follow agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning, and retros
- Continuous Delivery is at the core of our development approach
- Contribute to the overall design of our systems
- Delivery of quality code to defined standards
- Test Driven Development
- Paired programming, as required
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution, or resolve underlying production system issues
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Working on a rota basis to provide Out of Hours Support
Full Stack Developer Desirable Experience
Mainly Liverpool based with some occasional travel to other sites around the UK
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK