ESSENTIAL:- Java. Frontend development (e.g. Angular, ReactJS or similar). Agile. Message Queuing systems &/or Streams. E.g. RabbitMq & Kafka. Build automation using tools such as Jenkins. Automated testing. Databases, SQL & No-SQL document stores. Java Frameworks Particularly Spring Boot. Excellent problem solving abilities & fault analysis. You will have a proven capability to work independently whilst managing & prioritising your own workload as well as an ability to adapt & support the wider team as required. UNIX. Basic Linux knowledge.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Full Java Technical Lead will be responsible for leading a software engineering team both virtual & direct reports. Accountable for leading the successful delivery, support & best practice with the team. Has & demonstrates multiple methodology experience with pragmatism including Agile. Java Technical Lead actively contributes to the Enterprise Architecture Strategy & Solution Design to create solutions that align with Technical Architecture & satisfy business requirements. Identifies delivery tools & demonstrates significant engineer excellence in the tools & methods of choice.
Provides technical guidance, training & mentoring to the teams, both within direct leadership & across the department, sets & ensures quality standards & adherence in the delivered software products.
Java Technical Lead Main Activities & Responsibilities
Technical (Generally the day to day duties related to the function of the role)
- Engineering leadership in software delivery & support
- Plays a proactive role in creating an IT provider of choice for Yodel’s software engineering practice.
- Hands-on development
- Define agile development practices & ensure they are followed e.g. TDD, branching strategy
- Partners with other Tech Leads, Architecture & Solution Design in driving modular, services orientated integration & solution architectures
- Defines & supports re-usable application components from a business & technology perspective
- Establish technical standards & ensure adherence
- Foster a culture of innovation & continuous improvement in the team & encourage creative solutions
- Enhance existing applications to meet changing business needs & requirements
- Liaison with Business Operations, Infrastructure & Service Management to resolve production issues, & underlying problems
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis
Occasional visits to other sites in the UK
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK