Global provider of subsea production control systems expertise to the Oil & Gas industry, has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer - Controls & Automation to join their expanding team in Reading and focus on supporting their Topside software & hardware. This role forms part of their Controls Product Management team responsible for the development and maintenance of their core subsea controls product and components globally.
Responsibilities will include;
- Be the Technical authority for the topside control system with responsibility for developing and maintaining libraries to manage and deliver the necessary features to execution projects
- Drive standardization & cost out initiatives at (sub-)component level
- Specify and manage scopes of work to develop new software features and to maintain, and develop new topside controls system electrical features
- Coordination of core disciplines network – processes, tools, training and development of product resources in regions
- Provide technical input and assistance to the Product Manager as required, including the presentation of technical information to customers
- Capture user requirements and deriving functional requirements.
We are seeking an engineer who is driven to deliver the best possible control systems to our customers, with the following experience and attributes;
- Extensive experience in the design and development of complex PLC and SCADA automation systems on a variety of Operating Systems and Hardware Platforms
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree level education in Computer Science / Software Engineering (although candidates with an appropriate level of work experience will also be considered)
- Attitude is key. You will need to be passionate about technology, getting things done and making commitments to deliver great systems
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, processes and tools
- Fully versed in development and maintenance of a software development lifecycle in line with recognised standards such as TickITPlu
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.