Job DescriptionBusiness Development Senior Manager (Completions)
Job holders at this level execute the Business Development activities of moderate to high complexity/magnitude (which entails parameters like, new technology, high risk country, low ease of doing business, high rate of return and other financials expected, complex tax framework, complicated government structures/legal framework, no existing relationship, etc.).
Job holders at this level are mid-level professionals working with a noticeable degree of independence across the organization and who provide coaching and guidance to junior team members.
The purpose of the New Business Development is to identify and evaluate potential business development opportunities as well as gather, analyse and interpret information, in order to make recommendations to management/executive levels on strategic partnerships and business expansions, technology acquisitions, and company deals (JVs, acquisitions).
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of the Business Development/Client Relations policies, processes, and procedures to ensure all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled.
2. Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international leading practice’, in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
3. Contribute to the preparation of budgets, monitor performance and spending against budget, and analyze variances and prepare regular management reports to effectively document findings.
Specific: Business Development
5. Leverage input from the Business Analytics and Planning & Performance Management teams and insights from subordinates to effectively identify potential technology acquisitions and company deals (acquisitions, JVs) in the assigned sector (Drilling & Drilling Services, Completion & Production or Investments) as well as potential expansions of existing product/service line offering, in order to contribute to the growth of the business.
6. Conduct preliminary feasibility studies and select a short-list of potential targets using information gathered by subordinates, in order to provide pertinent input to senior colleagues and to effectively support in the provision of strategical recommendations.
7. Recommend to senior colleagues the short-listed potential investments and develop an actionable priority list of targets, ensuring all screening criteria are considered.
8. Design and develop comprehensive businesses cases (technical and commercial) to evaluate the strategic fit, ROI, viability and the synergy potential of the new investment initiatives.
9. Provide input to the M&A team to support during the preparation for (preliminary due diligence, detailed due diligence, deal structuring), negotiation and closing of acquisitions and JV related commercial agreements in order to represent and protect company’s interests and to enable commercial success.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or any similar scientific discipline from a recognized University
- A Master of Science degree is highly preferable
- 7 to 15 years of experience in Business Development/Client Relations, with at least 3 years in progressively more complex and responsible roles within Oilfield services / completions operations
- Knowledge of Completion & Production practices and trends
- Very good business and financial analysis skills
- Ability to originate and build relationships at senior level with clients and partners