Location: East Anglia
Salary: Up to £60k + Package
The Client Our client is a leading E & P company and they are looking to add an experienced Instrument Engineer to their team in East Anglia.
The primary function of this position is to provide Environmental Support to the Southern North Sea UK Operation. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and good practice throughout all stages (exploration, projects, operations and decommissioning) of the offshore and onshore business.
This role reports directly to the QSSHE Manager and will be key to driving consolidation and leading improvements in the environmental management system across the SNS operation.
This position is based in Norwich with occasional travel to other sites and offshore assets as required.
- Ensuring the company complies with all legislative requirements from an environmental stand point (including external reporting, licenses, consents and notifications)
- Acting as focal point with relevant Regulatory authorities
- Ensuring the company maintains its ISO 14001 standard and facilitating the certification audit process
- Supporting Projects (including decommissioning projects) to ensure that environmental issues are considered
- Identifying environmental training, competency and awareness requirements and supporting HR’s role in the recording and tracking of competence
- Providing support to our site based HSE Advisors (HSEAs) on environmental issues and the Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Updating progress with the Annual QSSHE Plan (specifically with regards to environmental topics)
- Supporting the inclusion of environmental issues in the framework of the Annual QSSHE Assurance Programme.
- Undertaking regular site visits to ensure environmental standards are being maintained and line ownership of the environmental management system is in place
- Participating (from time to time) as an incident investigation team member and/or providing environmental advice to other investigation teams
- Demonstrable experience working in on and offshore environmental regulatory framework applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Professional qualification such and MIEMA or C.Env.
- Relevant environmental qualification to degree or post graduate level
- Trained environmental auditor