Job DescriptionMy client is an exciting, forward-thinking medical device company based in the North East. Due to rapid expansion they are looking for a Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer to join their thriving team. This is a great time to join this company and a fantastic opportunity for a graduate looking to gain experience working on some highly innovative medical device projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include –
- Working alongside a team of engineers to design, manufacture and assemble prototypes, jigs, rigs and microfluidic cassettes
- Using workshop tools such as precision mill, CNC mill, laser cutter and 3D printer (training will be provided)
- Supporting the work of scientists in a laboratory to modify and maintain prototypes and rigs in a laboratory environment
Experience and knowledge required –
- Experienced in 3D CAD system (preferably Solidworks)
- Knowledge of design techniques for manufacture, assembly and maintenance
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including machining, laser cutting, injection moulding and laser welding
- An understanding of electronics and software
Candidates with a background in the medical device industry would be preferred however this is not essential.