Lab technician (BARQ) – Customer support (production, R&D, technical service, R&T)
Contract – long term, open-ended
- Shift: 12-hour shifts working 6:00 – 6:00 rotating days and nights (DuPont schedule)
- Training period: two – three weeks on days until ready for shift
- Carry out assigned analytical techniques and/or performance tests on catalysts and related samples
- Track control sample data for quality assurance purposes.
- Document data and make it accessible to customers
- Analytical/ Performance evaluation procedures are executed according to the SOP to guarantee consistency in own work
- Assigned work is scheduled according to priority (as communicated) to maximize efficiency
- Routine maintenance and calibration of instruments are done proactively in a timely fashion to ensure minimal downtime
- Housekeeping of the lab is exemplary and work is carried out safely
- Adhere to all safety, legal, and corporate policies
- Proactively escalate identified issues in safety, data quality, execution of methods by the team to appropriate partners and/or group leadership
- Perform safely the assigned tests, including sample preparation where applicable.
- Perform the administrative tasks associated with the analysis.
- Perform routine maintenance of instruments.
- Participate in general good housekeeping of the lab.
- Actively participate in the safety program of the site and R&D
- Record the results in a database, if data transfer is not automated.
- Perform specific general tasks in the lab as assigned.
- Basic data validation
- Conscientious – care about the quality of results
- Self Motivated – able to work independently