Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Service Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of customer outages within the North American fleet as well as Other OEM Steam Turbines and Generators. Directly manages Field Service Technical Advisors and Site Managers and collaborates closely with supporting services, such as craft labor, subcontractors, and commercial operations. Responsibilities include safety, quality, on-time delivery, budget, and customer satisfaction through direct involvement in outage planning and execution. Develops outage scope directly with client personnel and builds all outage schedules and cost estimates during project bidding. Oversees the outage execution and manages tracking projects to budget, ensures legal compliance with Federal and State regulations, and completion of outages in a standardized manner. Drives improved training and productivity within the Field Services processes, through the introduction of new technologies and standardized methods.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop future opportunities for Field Services.
- Works with Engineering to manage planned work scope in accordance with fleet recommendations, to provide practical and timely disposition of discovery work, and to enact technological improvements to processes.
- Manage all aspects of the Maintenance Services department, including employee safety, execution quality, on-time delivery, outage planning, resource and outage scheduling, department budgeting, performance appraisals, personnel development, and subcontractors.
- Directs the development of estimates, specifications and maintenance/work packages detailing work scope and resource requirements for outage projects.
- Develops necessary performance plan and budgets to provide for adequate funding and staffing to achieve the Company's goals and objectives with respect to maintenance services.
- Responsible for P&L of Field Services outages for the larger business unit.
- Establishes cost control and review measures to monitor outage performance and verify expenditures are prudent and within budget.
- Continuously identify and refine the proposal process to minimize quote cycle time.
- Engineering degree, mechanical preferred
- 10 years' experience in field service operations with experience in steam turbine and generator equipment maintenance and service.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
- Experience in managing a remote team.
- Solid engineering and commercial judgment skills.
- Strong analytical skills to prioritize work and troubleshoot issues efficiently.
- Advanced level of planning and organizational skills.
- Above average verbal and written communications skills, including: directing personnel, report writing, communication with all levels of employees both internal and external.
- Experience in effective procedure and process execution.
- Experience with the use and application of ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and knowledge of document management concepts and computer based document management systems is needed. Familiarity with Microsoft Project highly desired.