Arch Wood Protection, a Lonza Company, are well regarded specialists in the research, development and manufacture of timber treatment solutions. They are continuing to develop and adapt to market conditions and requirements and their top of the line manufacturing gives them a strong edge over their competition.
We are now seeking a Plant Manager reporting through to the General Manager APAC and you will be accountable for planning, directing and coordination of inwards goods, manufacturing and distribution functions to ensure that the operations team produces and delivers product in an effective and efficient manner.
You will also provide operational and strategic input in relation to plant improvements and systems, capex and people management. This is also a MHF site so you will also have a strong focus on EHS&Q and be leading in the front with this.
Leading a small team you will have at least 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing of which at least 5 years must be in a leadership capacity. A tertiary qualification is also preferred (engineering, operations or similar) although we will consider those without qualifications but having the right level of experience.
Key requirements include:
- Solid manufacturing experience
- Proven leadership capabilities in the manufacturing environment, including EHS
- Understanding of Manufacturing Methodologies, Lean, JIT etc.
- Background in chemical and/or process engineering would be highly regarded
- SAP experience would be desirable
- A Forkhoist licence and Transitional Facility Cert from MPI would be an advantage
- A current First Aid Certificate would also be preferred
Applicants will also be required to undergo pre-employment medicals and drug and alcohol testing.
This is a fantastic long term career opportunity with stability and career progression.
To apply for the above positions please apply attaching a copy of your CV with a covering letter or phone Bruce on 021 247 7311 for a confidential chat and further information.