Business Partner - Procure to Pay
|Job Title:||Business Partner - Procure to Pay|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Salary:||USD55 - USD65 per hour, Benefits: Yes|
|Contact Name:||Shawna Leatherwood|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2018 23:28|
The Business Partner is a senior position who works with business leadership to identify, define, shape and integrate demand for new projects and services.
The ITS Business Partner is responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with senior business leaders. He or she leads process design activities with client groups in a specific business process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives, improved operational excellence and lower cost operations. The ITS Business Partner also acts as the primary advocate to allocate ITS resources in support of their business
The ITS Business Partner consults with the clients on appropriate change management activities to achieve organizational readiness for the process and technology change. The ITS Business Partner has
strong awareness of enterprise goals and objectives, but is aligned with specific business functions for
establishing, directing and executing strategies for specific areas of the company.
The ITS Business Partner is a business savvy leader to shape and influence business demand for ITS
services. The ITS Business Partner focuses on building strong working relationships with the
business in order to stimulate demand for high value business opportunities. He or she anticipates
business needs and proactively provides strategic alternatives. The position requires significant
interaction with leaders in the company, strategic aptitude, with financial and analytic skills, and ability
to effectively communicate and facilitate decisions. The IT Business Partner does this by working closely
• Product Manager resources to conceive conceptual solutions and create compelling proposals that give
Business Sponsors confidence to proceed;
• Program Manager resources to create program charters that address major strategic initiatives and
subsequently help them navigate the difficulties of managing business process change;
• Project Manager resources to create project charters that have a contribution to larger business
value case and subsequently help them resolve issues that escalate beyond the level of the project
The IT Business Partner must oversee project execution and implementation as well as on-going operational activities to ensure compliance with our stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls. The IT Business Partner must also monitor customer satisfaction and facilitates improvement of
the IT client experience on a continuous basis. He or she is also responsible for managing the Portfolio of initiatives arising from that effort.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This individual will partner with cross-functional teams to develop business segment roadmaps, short
and long term project plans and identify technology trends. The position interfaces frequently with the business, and will build and maintain relationships and interface regularly with strategic suppliers. Specific areas of responsibility and influence include:
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the business functions/processes supported, be viewed by the
business as an advocate for them within IT and provide the voice of IT back to the business when developing Solution roadmaps.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the key factors driving business decisions for their business partners and develop technology alternatives and recommendations based on those factors.
• Manage Overall Governance and control of the IT Project Portfolio ensuring its successful delivery
• Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions
and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
• Manage the IT Project Portfolio, balancing the project management resource pool, throughout planning, execution, delivery and benefit realization.
• Establish processes to manage the prioritization of the projects within the portfolio based on enterprise and brand goals.
• Develop, prioritize, coordinate and communicate the goals and processes necessary for implementing the portfolio.
• Stay current on IT strategy and in identifying and communicating business partner requirements and
implications of efforts to ensure that they are included in all relevant activities and communications.
• Increase the IT savvy of business partners over time to encourage higher value demand
• Increase the business acumen of all interface points with demand (e.g. Product Managers) to encourage
better understanding of business opportunities • Shape demand into high value propositions and
helping that demand navigate through the supplyside capabilities
• Ensure value of IT investments is managed by:
o Measuring results and outcomes against business
o Helping accountable Business Sponsors
understand and play their role effectively
o Advocating changes to the investment portfolio that
o Ensuring adherence to corporate constraints (for
example, flat to falling budgets)
• Represent the capabilities of IT supply to encourage the understanding of and adherence to standards
that create enterprise-wide value or protect the enterprise brand, including:
o architectural standards
o security, risk, and privacy standards as well as regulatory compliance
o data standards that increase the asset value of enterprise data
• Stay current with technology and business trends and act as a consultant to both the business and IT by providing a common set of planning assumptions and competitive landscape, in addition to
understanding the current and future market assessment(s).
Baccalaureate degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering, OR business
degree in supported area or other related field.
Required experience, skills, professional attributes and qualities include the following
• 8+ years of solutions and multiple domain experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility in systems analysis, defining technical
requirements, and performing high level design for highly complex solutions
• 4+ years of work experience in a role that offers exposure to senior management
• Experience with SAP and Procure to Pay processes is preferred
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Business Analyst
Finance and Business Administration Manager
Vidalia, United States
$64 per annum, Benefits: Yes
Kwinana Beach, Australia
Kwinana Beach, Australia
Repairs & Maintenance Manager - KSA
Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
$7000 - $8000 per month, Benefits: Full family package - 80% of Schooling, Visas, Return flights.