Aker Solutions' Software Engineering team based in Mobile, AL is responsible for developing the software components of our subsea oil and gas equipment. We need software engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Gulf of Mexico market. We are looking for two software engineer II.
Must be able to legally work in the United States without assistance!
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Deliver projects to agreed timescale, budget and to specification.
2. Implementation and testing of software.
3. Generation of procedures
4. Create IT solutions within the Industrial Automation Industry
5. Support of software at locations offsite, possibly offshore platform visits.
6. Assist in the development of more junior engineers to improve quality awareness and effectiveness of software systems utilized by Aker Solutions
7. Identifying processes and patterns within work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardization and consistency of approach to manager.
8. Monitoring trends and new products in the marketplace which could benefit the company and recommending same to manager.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 3-5 years’ experience
2. Experience with C, C++, C# and ASP.NET or other programming languages. Scripting languages knowledge is a plus.
2. Experience with real-time control systems.
3. Experience with Networking (TCP/ IP) - Creating & Troubleshooting Routes and Switches (VLANS and Routing Tables) CCNA or equivalent certification is a plus.
4. Experience with communication protocols - (Modbus, CAN bus, ProfiBus, OPC, Ethernet TCP/IP) is preferred
5. Knowledge of real-time Operating Systems Fundamentals
6. Experience with real-time control systems is preferred.
7. Experience with PLC/SCADA control systems is preferred
8. Demonstrable relevant software engineering experience in an industrial setting, preferably within the subsea oil & gas industry
9. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
10. Professional client relationship.
11. Good team player. During the first year of employment, this position will require regular company paid travel to Houston, TX for training on Aker Solutions Product Lines and Software Applications.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities