Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Our client are a global leader in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market. They are looking to add an experienced Welding Engineer to their team in London with flexibility to travel in the UK and at times overseas.
- Provide technical expertise on all welding matters as required by company or on specific projects.
- Prepare welding procedures, qualification plans and advise on materials issues
- Review client specification scopes of work, in compliance with the relevant specifications and codes of standards
- Review subcontractors welding documents and technical qualifications
- Ensure that records are maintained for all welding activities to demonstrate achievement of client requirements
- Liaise with certifying/verification authorities and inspection agencies on behalf of projects
- Prepare technical and project close out reports
- Monitor project and documentation progress to identify opportunities for improvement
- The successful should be degree qualified and be flexible to travel to work sites in the UK and as well as some overseas travel.
- The candidate must be familiar with rigid pipelay processes.