Essential:- Agile, Bachelors/Masters in Computer science / Software engineering, or Masters or above in a mathematical, scientific or engineering discipline. My Client is looking for a Software Developer with Process, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or the other way round Engineer with Software Dev experience. This is a new role on the Engine & Calculation, Fluids side. Candidates who have experience in Aspen Hysys would be welcomed.
As a Process Engineering Software Engineer you’ll have responsibility throughout the full development cycle. You’ll apply your skills in computer science, engineering, and mathematics to design, develop, and test software. Whether you’re creating new products in our transformational programs or enhancing existing ones, you’ll have the opportunity to listen to what each customer needs and bring all the elements together to provide solutions.
Process Engineering Software Engineer is required to strengthen the web application development team. The focus of this team is the delivery of commercial web-based solutions.
This work requires the successful applicant to have broad and deep expertise in algorithms, modelling, simulation, and numerical methods. Expertise in chemical engineering and industry standard process simulators is highly desired.
The web application development team works closely with product and service teams in Abingdon and from the wider subject matter experts in cloud architecture, simulation & modelling, computations, and dataflow networks.
- Ability to develop physics-based process models including digital fluid models and implementation of interfaces for integration into flowsheet simulation
- Ability to develop algorithms and integrate numerical methods
- Ability to efficiently transition between technologies and programming languages
- Ability to write clean and efficient code which includes high quality automated test coverage
- Ability to work in a team environment that is fast-paced and follows Agile development practices
- Ability to work to commercial deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Commercial software development
- Design and Architecture
- Cloud Technology
- Desktop Application
- High-Performance Computing
- Human Computer Interface
- User Experience Design
- Web App and Micro services
Process Engineering Software Engineer – Permanent – Abingdon, Oxfordshire