Job DescriptionPermanent staff based role in Inverness
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience, plus benefits
NES Global Talent are working with an engineering services business seeking an experienced PCL/SCADA Engineer - this is a permanent staff position based in Inverness (with occasional travel to other offices in Scotland) . Essentially we are looking for a degree qualified Software Engineering professional with experience within the water utility sector .
The role will primarily consist of the development of a Functional Design Specification, followed by development of PLC, HMI and SCADA software including FAT and SAT testing. You will also be expected to carry out site works to support commissioning as necessary.
You will work with the engineering design team to design, develop and commission the PLC/SCADA systems for all process control based products and projects, have experience of generating PLC programmes for both greenfield and brownfield projects
Key Skillset includes:
- 10 Years+ working with Industrial PLC’s and SCADA
- Experience of control system and software design in the ISO 9001-TickIT environment
- Working as a key member of the multi-discipline design team to develop and agree an appropriate Process Control Philosophy
- To take the agreed Process Control Philosophy and develop a detailed Functional Design Specification, including integration of any 3rd Party Packaged Equipment and Integration with existing Process Control System (which may include legacy equipment)
- Design of PLC/HMI/SCADA system and network architecture including system redundancy and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Procurement, configuration, and testing of PLC/HMI and SCADA system
- To fault find, diagnose and correct coding issues identified during testing
- Co-ordinate and carry out Full function Factory Testing (including Client Witness Testing) of the PLC/HMI and SCADA system
- Carry out training of client ICA representatives during handover of completed projects
- Siemens S7, WINCC, TIA experience & formal training essential
- Rockwell PLC and SCADA experience essential
- Mitsubishi experience desirable
- Strong communication skills as both internal and client meeting attendance is required
- Knowledge of field instrumentation, Intelligent & Conventional MCC’s, Power Management, VSD’s, Telemetry etc
- To develop and improve systems in line with industry best practice as part of company’s continuous improvement programme and SOP’s.
- Identify efficient means of developing and use of code to maximise efficiency where multiple similar systems are supplied to same client.
- Familiar with Change Control methods
- Engagement with Tendering teams to develop Software design & development programme/man hour budgets for new projects
Call me in confidence on 0141 880 2773 to find out more about this fantastic opportunity.