Job DescriptionAn NES Global Talent client is looking to bring on a Planner to add to their Project Services team. This individual will be responsible for:
- Developing realistic and credible order shipment dates based upon availability of materials, manufacturing resources, priorities, customer requirements and engineering schedules.
- Maintenance of stock inventory planning data relating to safety stock, reorder quantities, and lot sizing pursuant to acceptable procedures, policies, guidelines and goals.
- Coordinating the implementation of changes emanating from Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement and customers.
- Executing changes in a timely basis in order to reduce the Company's inventory exposure.
- Communicate all changes and status of stock inventory that may impact schedules, costs and Company financials.
- Participate in, communicates, and coordinates the annual physical inventory. This includes working with all functional areas to oversee and complete the pre-physical inventory preparation, to oversee and coordinate the actual taking of the physical inventory, and directs the post physical inventory reconciliation.
- Issues purchase requisitions and manufacturing orders in a timely manner to support requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate SAP records.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the Department Supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with a minimum of 1 year experience in production control, preferably in a make to order engineering environment or related work experience.
- Good product knowledge and understanding of engineering bills of material.
- Good understanding of SAP production planning and inventory controls systems.
- Good planning, and scheduling skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and other planning software a plus.
- APICSCPIM certified and related Oil and Gas experience is beneficial.
- Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%