£35,000- £40,000 –Materials Buyer- DAYS - 40hr week – Mon – Friday - excellent company benefits! (8% bonus – pension – Private healthcare)
A leading UK Building Materials Manufacturer is embarking on a massive project alongside a global engineering company and is now seeking a Materials Buyer to be work alongside both their Production manager on a multi-million pound project.
If you have experience with ERP systems and have a good understanding of purchasing within the Construction/Building Materials industry; I would like to discuss the below requirements with you in more detail.
The Responsibilities of the Materials Buyer
- Negotiating and making placements of purchase orders and delivery calls with all suppliers (Inc. raw materials and consumables)
- Supplier Management and creditor control
- Management and control of site stocks, materials and consumable items, including the requirement of tight stock control management and release.
- Operating the Microsoft AX Dynamics ERP systems including the use of approved suppliers, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, goods receipts and stock counts.
- Working to financial budgets and forecasts
- Management of statutory and company inspections e.g. pressure vessels (boilers & compressors) and chimney stacks
- Identify and agree site external servicing and critical maintenance requirements and ensure activities are undertaken as necessary
- Management of site waste disposal, ensuring compliance with environmental requirements
- Relationship management with sites key suppliers and contractors
- Compliance with all sustainability requirements associated with waste management
- Degree Qualified
- Experience of supply chain management, purchasing or buying.
- Previous experience of ERP system ( AX Dynamic is desirable)
- Experience in a similar heavy manufacturing environment
- Driving License
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus – 8%
- Extra benefits
Mario Bryan (07702267698)