Job DescriptionTerminal Manager – East London
£40,000- £50,000 – Terminal Manager - Excellent company benefits! (Company Vehicle - 8% bonus – Pension – Private healthcare)
A leading UK Building Materials Manufacturer is embarking on a massive project alongside a global engineering company and is now seeking a Terminal Manager to be a fundamental part of their operation. This is no ordinary Terminal Manager position; as you will be responsible for setting up the compound, recruitment of staff, arranging permits for work and getting the site operational for delivery.
Once operational you will be responsible for the logistic demands required for this multi-million pound project. The successful candidate will have a track record of materials/goods transportation via railhead/barge/road; working to supply the demands of a large project.
The Responsibilities of the Terminal Manager
Getting the site operational
- Appointment and management of contractors to construct stocking area and site access.
- Oversee installation of site cabin, welfare facilities and utilities connections.
- Managing the delivery of the crane and other mobile plant equipment to site.
- Assisting with the appointment of the operational team.
- Working with the company rail team to set up deliveries to timescales agreed.
- Day to day liaison with rail haulage provider as necessary
- Day to day management of the team unloading trains, loading Lorries and barges.
- Management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing on site.
- Cost control of the sites operations.
- Control of the quality of product handling during loading and transportation.
- Liaison with materials team on site.
- Liaising with customers on a day-to-day basis for delivery requirements.
- Providing assistance setting up contracts with barge operator and road haulage provider.
- Degree Qualified
- Logistics management (ideally barge as well as road/rail).
- Managing teams.
- Managing contractors.
- Driving License
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Bonus – 8%
- Extra benefits
Mario Bryan 07702267698