Presco (consisting of Presco Environmental – Infrastructure and Services, Presco Hire and Presco Prenail) are seen as New Zealand’s leading providers of equipment hire for the construction industry, specialist industrial cleaning for the food industry, timber structures for the construction industry and sustainable dairy farm infrastructure for the dairy industry). They are innovative and are always staying at the forefront of technology and services to provide their clients with the best in service and equipment.
Due to their continued growth this is a newly created role and we are looking for an energetic and driven QHSE Coordinator (who will have the potential to become part of the Presco Leadership Team) to lead the overall health and safety part of their business. Working within their fast-paced industry you will be reporting to the General Manager and you will be accountable for the day-to-day operational supervision of QHSE elements at their sites in South Taranaki and a small site in Marton. You will be responsible for full health and safety processes and policies (including analysing current systems and rolling out relevant changes where required), educating staff, coordinating QHSE meetings and ensuring all SOP’s are up to date and followed.
Other key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Achieving and maintaining ISO 9001 accreditation and overseeing their annual HSNO Certification
- Working collaboratively with Branch Managers to ensure QHSE is consistent across Presco’s operations
- Ensuring the prevention of work related injury or illness through the provision of effective behavioral based safety process and hazard identification systems
- Leading the safety culture change with interpretation analysis, motivation and the education of staff members
- The assisting with the effective integration relationships with key internal/ external parties to ensure business needs and objectives are achieved.
You will ideally hold a health and safety qualification and you will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Applicants will also be required to undergo pre-employment medicals and drug and alcohol testing.
This is a fantastic long-term career opportunity with stability and career progression and the opportunity to establish this role and mold/develop it accordingly. On offer will be a competitive salary, vehicle and opportunity to become part of the Leadership Team of this highly successful business.
To apply for the above position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter or phone Bruce on 021 247 7311 for a confidential chat and further information.