Job DescriptionJob Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Salary: £Neg Dependent on Experience
The Client Our client are an international construction and engineering business who specialise in three main areas; marine and offshore, energy and infrastructure.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for infrastructure projects on behalf of the US Army Corps of Engineers. These projects will initially be based in Qatar.
- Design Electrical systems like Power / Lighting / Fire Alarm/ Telecommunications / Security Systems.
- Monitor and control expenses related to the electrical works and ensure organizational forecasts and budgets will meet for these expenses.
- Evaluating Subcontractor offers against the specifications scope of works.
- Procurement of Electrical material
- Review and evaluate technical submittals and shop drawings prior to submission to consultants and clients according to required project specifications.
- Assist in preparation of Sub Contract agreements.
- Reviews and responds to contractor’s technical queries and coordinates with engineering department on technical issues.
- Supervises Quantity Take-offs and review contractor’s monthly invoices.
- Assist in preparation of PR and PO for the electrical materials as per the drawings and specifications.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience in the Technical office for projects supervised by international consultants.
- Excellent command of the English language and fully conversant of CAD 2D & 3D / REVIT, familiar with the American Standard codes & specifications.
- Experience of working on projects for the US Army Corp of Engineers is essential.
- Schengen passport holders preferred.