Salary: £Neg Dependent on Experience
Our client are an international construction and engineering business who specialise in three main areas; marine and offshore, energy and infrastructure.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for infrastructure projects on behalf of the US Army Corps of Engineers. These projects will initially be based in Qatar.
- Reviewing technical shop drawing and materials submittals with design drawing and specification.
- Follow all correspondence with client approval procedures on materials submittal and shop drawing.
- Review and evaluate vendor’s quotes / subcontractor offers
- Capable to review vendor’s submittals and respond to client comments on technical submittals and technical clarifications on materials and shop drawings.
- Control and review subcontractor / vendor’s payment and invoices.
- Preparing of materials PR's and review and evaluate all vendors PO's materials, quantities and manufacturers with design requirements.
- Procurement of Mechanical Material HVAC, Firefighting, Plumbing, Compressors, Pumps etc.
- Follow subcontractor activity with project time schedule.
- Follow cost control and price analysis.
- Capable to give solution in Site coordination problems between mechanical works and other facilities.
- Prepare reports and RFI’s to Client.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in HVAC, Fire protection and Plumbing works, BAS sequence of operation.
- Excellent command of the English language, fully conversant of CAD 2D & 3D / REVIT, familiar with the American Standard codes & specifications and installation procedures of mechanical system.
- Experience of working for the US Army Corps of Engineers is essential.
- Schengen passport holders preferred.