Job DescriptionProcess Safety Engineer- Chemicals- Teeside - Competitive Salary, Annual Bonus, Excellent Benefits
If you’re a dedicated and passionate process safety professional, looking for a new challenge or step up in responsibility, on offer is an opportunity to take on full responsibility for Process Safety Management for an established chemical manufacturer in the UK.
A leader in a niche sector of the chemical industry, with operations worldwide, this is an opportunity to create a reputation for yourself, taking day-to-day responsibility for a significant process safety programme on their Top Tier COMAH manufacturing facility.
Not only a technical expert, you will be a self-starter, able to educate and influence people at all levels, and provide direction to for continued development of site process safety. As such, you will be a degree qualified chemical engineer, with post-graduate experience either in a specialist process safety position, or alternatively plant based technical or production roles with an emphasis on particular Process Safety activities including COMAH Safety Report preparation, regulatory (HSE/EA) visits, Hazard Study & risk and consequence assessment.
Based either at their site in the North-East, you will be joining an established business, who promotes an excellent work environment.
- Principal point of contact for all Process Safety matters
- To manage key Process Safety activities, including Hazard Studies, Process Hazard Reviews, SIL Assessments, DSEAR, Human Factors, Process Safety Risk Assessment, etc.
- To maintain and develop the COMAH Safety Reports for each site including leading the coordination of the 5-yearly reviews
- Communicate and collaborate with key cross functional teams (i.e. Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Training, etc.)
- Degree qualified Chemical Engineer
- Process Safety Expert
- Demonstrable experience in the chemical industry, in a high process safety hazard manufacturing environment.
- Ability to engage both technical and non-technical personnel
- Process Safety Accreditation
- Chartered Engineer
- Excellent Salary