The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for accounts payables both manual and electronic. The position entails data entry and Excel spreadsheet usage. The ability to multi-task and to work effectively, while utilizing excellent communication skills is necessary.
- Processing a large volume of electronic invoices, with an accuracy target of 95%
- Process manual invoices.
- Verify coding and review invoice detail for payment
- Importing data using Excel into the invoicing system
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Responding to vendor inquiries
- Reconciling vendor statements (as needed)
- Communicating via telephone to both internal and external individuals
- Providing coverage during colleague vacation or absence
- Correspondence with Calgary AP - new vendor setup/changes
- Follow accounts payable procedures and systems
- Bring forward ideas toward creating efficiencies improving processes
- Work with Vendors to ensure invoices are received with all pertinent data (cost centres, approvals, etc.) to expedite payment and reduce errors
- Work with vendors and Area Foreman to expedite payment and potentially reduce invoice dollars.
- Run E1 reports upon requests from Foreman, Superintendents, Supervisor, etc. – if applicable
- Journal Entries