Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk in Grande Prairie on a contract term. The qualified candidate MUST be local or have accommodations in the Grande Prairie area as no LOA will be given.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for accounts payables both manual and electronic. The position entails data entry and Excel spreadsheet usage. The ability to multi-task and to work effectively, while utilizing excellent communication skills is necessary.
- Processing a large volume of electronic invoices, with an accuracy target of 95%
- Process manual invoices.
- Verify coding and review invoice detail for payment
- Importing data using Excel into the invoicing system
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Responding to vendor inquiries
- Reconciling vendor statements (as needed)
- Communicating via telephone to both internal and external individuals
- Providing coverage during colleague vacation or absence
- Correspondence with Calgary AP - new vendor setup/changes
- Follow accounts payable procedures and systems
- Bring forward ideas toward creating efficiencies improving processes
- Work with Vendors to ensure invoices are received with all pertinent data (cost centres, approvals, etc.) to expedite payment and reduce errors
- Work with vendors and Area Foreman to expedite payment and potentially reduce invoice dollars.
- Run E1 reports upon requests from Foreman, Superintendents, Supervisor, etc. – if applicable
- Journal Entries