Job DescriptionCorporate Planning Director
Department: Planning & Performance Reporting
Job holders at this level set the strategic direction for the Planning & Performance Reporting function, whilst ensuring alignment and effective cascading of the Group strategy to the functional strategy. They develop frameworks and policies and also oversee processes in areas including planning, budgeting, and corporate performance management, in order to ensure the best fit measures for business growth.
1. Lead the formulation and refining of the Planning & Performance Reporting strategy, and translate the strategy into operational business plans for the short, medium, and long term, ensuring alignment with company’s aspirations and objectives.
2. Oversee the development and implementation of Planning & Performance Reporting policies, processes, and procedures to ensure all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled.
3. Recommend and approve opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international leading practice’, in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
4. Manage and ensure the effective implementation of related policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
5. Lead the preparation and consolidation of the Planning & Performance Reporting function’s budget, and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the function is aware of anticipated costs or revenues, areas of risk are identified and rectified promptly, and potential opportunities are capitalized upon.
6. Act as an advisor to senior management in ensuring adherence to organization policies, best practices and setting internal and external standards.
7. Partner with company’s business and corporate functions’ management teams to design and deliver targeted and commercially appropriate business performance indicators so that performance against strategic and financial plans is effectively monitored and measured.
8. Oversee and nurture the development and maintenance of effective partnership relations across all company’s business and corporate functions.
9. Act as the first level of integration between the top management and corporate and business units, to ensure effective cascading of strategy and objective as well as synergy creation across functions.
10. Oversee the governance of the planning and budgeting development and implementation process across company and its subsidiaries (as required), and resolve any issues, or escalate as required, in order to ensure the required protocols are followed and the framework is implemented properly.
11. Oversee the development, deployment and continuous improvement of management reporting processes and tools across company and its subsidiaries (as required), in order to ensure consistency and alignment in reporting reliable and accurate information.
12. Oversee the development and implementation of business trend reporting and analysis so that internal stakeholders understand the factors behind performance measurement reports, and to drive the commercial value of business performance management initiatives.
13. Ensure the IKTVA program is implemented and followed-up in company and its subsidiaries (as required)
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or any similar discipline
Master in Business Administration is highly preferred
12+ years of experience in planning/budgeting/performance management, preferably within the Oilfield services industry with at least 3 years of growing managerial responsibilities