Primary focus is experience in executing contracts with large EPC experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Project Manager in all aspects of project contracts administration
- Develop Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and oversees the bidding processes
- Advise, as necessary, on project contract matters, including soliciting input from company Procurement and Legal groups
- Ensure that contract correspondence, documentation, and records are being prepared accurately and are current
- Responsible to ensure that requests for variations are reviewed, responded to, and resolved in a timely manner
- Review, check, ensure accuracy, and endorse contractor invoices submitted for approval
- Provide leadership in resolving contractor claims and participating in negotiations with contractor, as necessary
- Provide project claims avoidance & mitigation advice, as necessary
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, demonstrated problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills within a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain.
- 10 years of overall experience, with 8+ years prior experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or Oil & Gas industry acting as Contract Administrator/Manager.
- Experience in owner organization is strongly preferred
- Excellent business and financial acumen.
- Excellent project leadership, communication, and problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong process orientation, foresight, ability to influence others through direct/indirect networks.
- Excellent negotiation skills with internal and external management up to the executive level.
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence.
- Meets high ethical and financial control compliance standards.
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM – CPM / CPSM, APICS, PMP) added advantage.