The main focus of this role will be to provide operational support with a focus on developing and maintaining the operations systems required for safe plant operation. Responsibilities will include:
- Review of the current Operations procedures.
- Ensure written procedures are fit for purpose and cover all proper content (technical, HES, step order)
- Prepare for field validation by completing “in development” procedures
- Support Operations organisation by providing advice as procedure subject matter expert
- Support procedure training to ensure additional Operations personnel understand the procedures
- Review and the development of the Emergency Response procedures.
- Provide support when necessary to pre-commissioning and commissioning; including Permit To Work (PTW) system support.
- Provide start-up support as required on site
- Model and reinforce HSE requirements in line with companies Safety Management Systems, Standard Operating Procedures, and/or approved Industry safety standards and environmental practice
Key skills and experience required:
- Certificate III or IV in Process Operations
- Experience as a Production Technician/Process Operator within a hydrocarbons processing plant (LNG, oil and gas, refinery, chemical processing)
- Demonstrated experience in permit to work and SIMOPS
- Utilities, storage and loading experience such as gas compression, marine loading arm operation, air separation units, power generation, water treatment and hydrocarbon storage tank systems is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of gas production, gathering and processing principles
- Understanding of chemical and physical behaviour and hazards associated with gases and fluids
- Understanding of the function, mechanics and proper operation and maintenance of a variety of utility, storage and loading equipment
- Extremely high level of safety awareness
- Strong problem solving skills gained from past experience solving operational issues, and a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess or be eligible for a marine security identification card
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to company values and achieving an incident and injury free environment