The primary role of the nondestructive testing specialist is to lead a team in the development of advanced Ultrasonic Phased Array (UTPA) examination procedures & techniques. You will manage complex NDE issues and be a key contributor to project goals. The position requires extensive knowledge of ultrasonic testing to develop procedures for the examination of structures, piping, and vessels. Hands-on capabilities are required to properly setup, calibrate equipment, establish focal laws, perform examinations, and analyze results using UTPA analysis software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Have the skills and knowledge to interpret industry codes, standards, and other contractual documents.
- Capable of assuming technical responsibility for the NDE equipment, lab facilities, and staff.
- Capable of selecting the NDE method and technique for a specific inspection.
- Prepare and develop adequate UT examination procedures.
- Lead and participate in the technical reviews with the customer.
- Approve NDT procedures and other NDT related work instructions for technical adequacy in the method in which they are certified
- Provide training and guidance to other personnel.
- Conduct inspection using ultrasonic equipment to ensure the highest quality.
- Accurate processing of paperwork and documentation of test results.
- Develop inspection schedules and written reports.
- Perform verification of product to customer specifications.
- Review and stay current with NDT requirements and updates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, with co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent work related experience with a minimum of 6 years experience in Non-destructive testing).
- ASNT Lv III in Ultrasonic method.
- Experience in Phased Array Ultrasonic examination required.
- Proficient in using Zetec Ultravision software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.