A leading business specialising in components for a number of industries including Aerospace and Nuclear industry are looking for a talented Quality Engineer to join them at their site in Cambridge. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone practical, energetic who is looking to join a forward- thinking business that can offer you a long & successful career.
This role will work directly with the site Quality Manager in the improvement and control of processes on site together with the control and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Act as a deputy in the Quality Manager’s absence and work closely with a small but efficient team to support their customer requirements.
- investigation of non-conformities, complaints and concessions
- Implementing PFMEA for production processing and working with production management and technical authorities to improve processes.
- Audits- NADCAP and ISO9001/AS9100
- Inspection of Aerospace, Nuclear, Medical and Formula 1 components in line with customer requirements
- Ensuring that all site calibration and maintenance activities are being performed to schedule along with the review & approval of these activities
- Travel between customer sites
- Experience of ISO9001/AS9100 standards
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Customer facing experience
- IT literate, with any knowledge of NADCAP/Aerospace processing along with Coating, Heat Treatment or Vacuum Brazing processing would be an advantage
- Degree qualified
- Industry experience
- Up to £35k.
- Pension Scheme.
- Career Prospects.