The project Regulatory Compliance Advisor will support the RCE-S Manager to put in place the systems and processes to deliver to deliver a safe, reliable and compliant project with regulations and international standards. The Regulatory Compliance Advisor will be responsible for maintaining continuing knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements, including any new emerging regulations, which do or might have impact on the Project.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Project HSE Compliance Management System. Identify HSSE requirements, determining how these apply to project selection, engineering design, construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Develop and maintain the compliance matrix working with each relevant Project disciplines to define tasks and operational controls to put in place. Assists Project personnel to create and complete compliance tasks related to implementation or ongoing compliance.
- Develop and maintain the Project Permit and Approval register. Identify permits and approval requirements, timeline, determining how these apply to project, contractors, construction, commissioning and start-up. Working with EPC contractors and country teams as necessary to develop and submit permits applications in time.
- Supports liaison activities with Project and Regional teams to ensure timely delivery of permits.
- Advises on HSE permitting requirements and support Advisors in the interpretation of HSE regulations and requirements.
- Provides Regulatory Compliance input to contractor management plans
- Timely implementation of Regulatory Compliance aspects of the HSSE practice
- Tracks CMS and Project compliance system key metrics. Develop and maintain of project regulatory forecasts and KPI and communicates regulatory information.
Education, Experience and Job Requirements
- Degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety equivalent or IEMA Diploma or equivalent or IOHA accreditation or equivalent
- HSE professional chartered qualification preferred.
- Experience with CTM or similar compliance task management software preferred
- Experience with National legal and regulatory requirements. Proven ability to apply systems thinking and continuous improvement concepts. Strong working knowledge of Projects and Regional Oil & Gas Regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including network-building.