Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Geneva, NE
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
I&E Technicians maintain equipment to keep it running smoothly, perform tests and calibrations, repair or replace components, and troubleshoot equipment operational problems. The I&E Tech works with electrical and instrumentation equipment. I&E technician will install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment such as plant lighting, thermostats, programmable controllers and transformers throughout the plant site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· The I&E Technician will act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the maintenance support of the plant, specializing in the I&E capability.
· Carry out day-to-day responsibilities within the plant including but not limited to troubleshooting, calibrating, installing, and repairing various electrical and instrument equipment inside the operating units.
· Implement new installations according to MOC write-ups.
· Work alongside operations to troubleshoot and solve issues within process units.
· Read and interpret electrical prints as well as P&ID prints. Provide assistance to other E/I Technicians in the field.
· Execute preventative maintenance work and provide proper documentation of all findings during inspections.
· Perform DCS project upgrade, control valves, and troubleshoot electrical problems.
· Primary job expertise is the repair of all instruments, control systems, analyzers, and electrical equipment in the plant.
· Position performs work of high skill in the inspection, calibration, repair, testing, adjustment, installation and removal of all instrument and electrical plant equipment and systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/ OR TRAINING
· Associates Degree in Instrumentation Technology
· 3-5+ years as I&E Tech
· 2+ years in experience working in chemical plant or refinery
· Ammonia plant experience or related fertilizer, syngas, or methanol