Location: South Wales
Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience
The Client Our client is a multinational power management company who are looking to add a Research & Development Team Leader to their mains and emergency lighting solutions operation in South Wales.
The R&D Team Leader will be responsible for time line management of mechanical and hardware engineers to ensure that projects are delivered on time. Working closely with Software Team leader and other engineering managers along with Principal Engineers to develop timelines, project plans and identify resource requirements to ensure project completion.
- Team leadership and time management of multifunctional team
- Use of engineering process to deliver parts from concept to production (Requirement capture, design phase, validation/verification planning, production handover) based on V-Cycle concept
- Understanding of hardware engineering or Mechanical engineering
- Usage of MS project for project planning
- Implementation of systems engineering principles on projects to aid project delivery
- Use of failure analysis techniques such as dFMEA/PFMEA, 8D, A3
- Interfacing to OEM customers with regard to project status and issue resolution
- Mechanical engineering knowledge – preferably aware of injection moulding techniques, or:
- Hardware engineering knowledge – Digital and Analogue electronics
- Excellent project management skills and team leadership of diverse teams of engineers
- BA degree (preferably in electronics)
- Candidate would be expected to travel between sites as required to work closely with other engineering managers and/or engineers to deliver projects