Our Client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer that will be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining software solutions for exciting NDE innovation. Our Client focuses on designing robotics for non-destructive examination and this position would be designing the programming for these robotics. This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take the lead of projects and deliver results.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Executes the design, analysis, or evaluation of software in accordance with business standards and sound engineering principles.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Collaborates with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and other members of the design team to implement solutions that take into account project limitations and performance requirements
- Identifies performance parameters and operational feasibility in order to provide initial estimates and detailed specifications
- Writes program code that meets coding and technical design standards and desired functional requirements
- Improves operational performance by conducting systems analysis and editing code to account for adaptations to new hardware
- Presents new solutions and system improvements based upon precedents in the organizations
- Performs product testing and simulations in controlled environments prior to rollout.
- Prepares training manuals to educate users on specific product design specifications and functionality
- Maintains code quality through best practices, unit testing, and code quality automation.
- May interface with customers to determine the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Master's degree in computer science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons, Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with several programming languages including C++, Java, etc.
- LabView programming experience
- Ability to create programs for engineering design development applications (integration of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering)