|Job Title: Category Manager - Equipment |
Department: Capital Procurement
Location: Houston, TX or Charlotte, NC
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Chemicals Operator has a permanent opportunity for Category Manager Equipment to be based in Charlotte, North Carolina or Houston, Texas.
Accountable for sourcing and project control services including, but not limited to, procurement strategies and processes, development of category management and concept development contracting strategies and tactics, ensuring business requirements are fulfilled and value is optimized from integration and consolidation of the category across the Corporation. Additionally, the role is responsible for the overall development and implementation of global contracts, and market intelligence. This role will report to the Capital Procurement Manager in the Global Engineering Operations Organization.
- Provides Global Supply Chain leadership for the Capital Procurement of Equipment in a category to be assigned.
- Develops and implements global contracting strategies for the acquisition of designated equipment for capital projects.
- Works with Company department leadership to establish minimum acceptable supplier qualifications. Supplant those criteria with additional commercial selection criteria.
- Manage supplier qualification and selection process. Maintain and publish approved supplier listings by classification and by project location/country.
- Interfaces with Corporate/GBU/Site capital and maintenance organizations to determine site requirements implement and execute contracting strategies.
- Develops performance metrics to rate supplier performance.
- Update, prepare and issue request for bid, quote, proposal or information template documents to qualified suppliers, participate in shop evaluations, transmit addenda, receive contractor offerings, prepare summaries, equalize offerings, negotiate clarifications, issue appropriate contracts and purchase orders.
- Manage the change approval process.
- Minimize the total costs of purchased equipment by selecting the proper contracting strategies, contractually protecting Company’s intellectual and indemnity interest, enforcing contract compliance and using competitive practices.
- Negotiating complex issues with contractors in a fair and equitable manner. Able to initiate legal recourse when and if necessary.
- Engages resources from Sites in supporting commodity strategy.
- Utilizes tools (i.e., lean, six sigma) in identifying opportunities for productivity and cost reduction.
- Establishes win-win Company/Supplier/Contractor relationships.
- Communication – Communicates with inspiration and impact. Successfully establishes a communication network and communicates the vision and strategic direction for the position and the Capital Procurement Organization across the Company and with the supply base.
- Drive for Results – Takes prompt action and ownership in the goals and business partner needs across the Company and effectively manages them. Champions solutions that involve multiple areas and obtains meaningful results. Achieves significant measured value creation.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge and Skills - Provides information and counsel to stakeholders on market trends; commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies. Develops networks and facilitates cross-functional teams in commodity strategy development, supplier sourcing, and supplier negotiations. Keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise. Develops significant, high level, industry contacts to improve Company’s commercial capabilities.
- Negotiation – Possesses the ability to develop and negotiate complex commercial strategies for major contracts and projects. Should conflicts arise, explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance.
- Influence and Organizational Savvy – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication, modifying behaviors to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved. Uses networking, reciprocal support and complex strategies to win support for ideas and leading procurement practices that contributes to the achievement of Company goals.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation communication skills.
- International procurement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Certification such as C.P.S.M or PMP preferred.
- Ten (10) years’ experience using a formal Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Market Intelligence approach, preferably in chemical plant equipment, mining equipment, or related categories.
- Four year degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Law.
- MBA, or P.E. preferred.
- English required.
- Spanish preferred.
- Additional languages desired.