Location: US Navy base in Diego Garcia
Start Date: May 2018
Duration: 8 month contract assignment
This is not a rotational assignment. This is a fast-track project with no trips home.
EI&C Engineer must have industrial plant experience (power, chemical, waste-water), the more diverse, the better. Candidate will be working with construction personnel performing upgrades to the existing power plant, SWWTP, other industrial facilities.
Candidates are required to pass a military standard extensive medical/physical exam; candidate must cover their own expense for the medical and we will reimburse via payroll once the person starts work; candidates unsure if they will pass the medical, should not apply.
This is a small island, with limited medical facilities; it’s hot and days are long.
Hiring Pre-requisites and Assignment Requirements:
Medical screening – Must be able to pass an extensive medical screening.
Pre-deployment on-line training and certification – All training must be completed before deployment
Work Schedule – 6 days/week with maximum of 10 hours /day; position pays $2,600/week + $65.00 per hour for overtime hours worked; average work week 60 – 70 hours
Duration of assignment – Now – November 2018 (optional extensions)
Work Description: Our client is forming a rapid response team comprised of a Project Manager/Planner, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Scheduler, and Estimator to transition minor construction and equipment maintenance refurbishment projects (Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) in progress from the incumbent to the current client. The client will assess, plan, schedule, estimate the effort to takeover that work. We will be given a dozen of more on new RFPs for new work to engineer, plan, schedule, estimate and submit proposals to the Navy. The team will be dissolved late in the transition period as the client hires the incumbent’s IDIQ team on a permanent basis.
Job Description/Qualifications - Senior EI&C Engineer:
- Qualified candidate will have solid experience in industrial projects including field experience, preferably some familiarity with the powerhouse (power boiler, recovery boiler) in industrial facilities.
- Familiarity with applicable codes such as NFPA 70, 70E, 497, AGA 3, 9, and XF0277, API RP 500, NEMA MG1-2006, ICS 7.1-2006, etc.
- Evaluate client requirements and write design basis and scope of E/I work.
- Cost-benefit analysis for competing E/I solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Preparation of various station studies/calculations including electrical system load studies, short-circuit analysis, relay coordination, arc flash studies, motor starting system dynamics, harmonics analysis, ground fault analysis, and other calculations such as lighting level, heat trace, voltage drop, conduit fill, etc.
- Prepares material requisitions including development of equipment specifications and instrumentation data sheets.
- Contributes to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
- Engineering/design of power generation systems for standby, peek shaving and co-generation. Engineering/design of medium and low voltage facility power distribution, including substation, service, switchgear, relay protection, MCC’s, VFD’s, motor starters, lighting , grounding, hazardous area wiring methods, etc.
- Engineering/design of instrumentation systems for facility/pipeline measurements and control, including field instruments, control valves, pressure safety devices, station/unit control, emergency systems control, alarm/security systems etc.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel internationally, as required by project
- Client pays for travel mobilization airfare from Point of Origin to Singapore, Singapore and demobilization airfare from Singapore, Singapore mto point of origin
- Client pays for military airfare between Singapore, Singapore and Diego Garcia
- Food (3 meals/day)
- On-island transportation