NES Global Talent is currently looking for Instrument/Electrical technician for a 6 month contract based in Grangemouth. Our client is looking for someone who has experience of working within a chemical environment and comes from an instrumentation or electrical core trade background. The role is significantly stand-alone with little direct intervention from supervisory roles so the client requires an individual who can take on the ownership for co-ordination and delivery of the whole task while driving results from those that are involved in its delivery.
- Deliver reactive maintenance support across all engineering disciplines to meet production demands, through fault finding and diagnosis of failure.
- Deliver planned routine preventative maintenance (RPM) activities to improve plant availability through structured monitoring, asset care, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Identify plant equipment reliability issues, analyse SAP and production data in order to understand improvement options, implement solutions and carry out reviews usually within core trade.
- Undertake activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements
- Carry out an engineering risk assessment (ERA) for each task performed, ensuring that all those involved in the task understand ERA and that they work within the ERA limits
- Effective and timely response to equipment failures. Fault diagnosis and initiating and implementing solutions to meet production demands
- Maintain plant availability and standards by carrying out planned engineering work such as equipment servicing, structured monitoring, vibration analysis and asset care etc.
- Improve plant availability by identifying equipment reliability issues, determining and implementing appropriate improvement opportunities and reviewing the outcome
- Carry out enabling activities required to deliver the engineering task. This can involve materials procurement, contractor co-ordination, working with production to agree a suitable outage to deliver the task.
- Take responsibility for development of own skills and competencies in own core trade and ensure a good working knowledge of engineering equipment across the site.
- To work flexibly to support production demands or to deliver shutdown requirements e.g. short notice, extended working days.
If you wish to be considered for this role, can you please apply directly with your latest CV.