To supervise execution of all local/international procurement requests by supervising subordinates and liaise with suppliers and internal customers to analyse and resolve procurement challenges / bottlenecks within the procurement cycle and thus ensure required procurement is done as per specification in the most cost effective way.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Material Acquisition Requests
- Process material acquisitions requests by assisting end-users in developing tentative cost estimates and effective competitive specifications to ensure that all elements of cost and product specifications are taken into consideration before issuing a request (RFQ) for proposal to the vendors.
- Issue Requests for Information (RFI) in conjunction with procurement team in case information is required from the suppliers to analyze the exact requirements and identify any alternatives based on the needs of the requesting department.
- Coordinate with the procurement team and provide them with the finalized specifications and requirements for the preparation of RFQ’s to be provided to the potential list of suppliers.
Supplier Selection and Tender Process
- Provide inputs based on the analysis of quotation comparison statements, market knowledge and previous contractor evaluations to the Procurement Head for discussion in tender committee around the suitable suppliers.
- Facilitate internal tender committee meetings for small or non critical purchase orders and pass on the approved requests or modifications to team for preparation of purchase orders.
- Administer terms of purchase in conjunction with the purchase team to ensure all the procured goods or services are delivered as per the purchase order (PO) so as to take any corrective measures in case of noted deviations.
- Analyze vendor performance based on the inputs of the Procurement Analyst and achievement of the contract obligations to identify the most suitable vendors for any potential work involvement with Woqod in the future.
- Preview product catalogue, trade journals and publications in order to maintain an updated and sufficient technical knowledge of the goods and services to be purchased.
Budgets and Plans
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
- Monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity within procurement versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Material Management. 8 + years of relevant experience in procurement function for similar organizations.