Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Our client are a global market leader in the manufacture of portable machine tools used across a wide range of industry sectors; including oil & gas, power generation, petrochemicals, nuclear, construction and shipbuilding.
The job holder will provide support to the Design Team Manager for the on time delivery of design, development and technical support of standard and non-standard products. Strive to continuously improve using LEAD techniques to remove cost, improve design and quality.
- Experienced Senior Product Design Engineer or Mechanical Design Engineer with experience working within an SME environment.
- Through previous employment has worked on special purpose machines and rotating machinery incorporating electric, hydraulic or pneumatic drives and controls.
- Ideally skilled in full lifecycle development and complete product design from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Comfortable taking a project from quotes and customer liaison, through purchasing, supplier meetings, budgeting, assembly and commissioning.
- Hands-on design engineer with experience of machining processes - turning, milling, grinding, fitting, and enjoys time in the workshop.